Sunday, May 9, 2010

The Quiet Life



Canvasback in flight

Well, it's been a while since I posted last. I guess that's what happens when you are staying home and life gets a bit boring. Summer is finally rolling around and it has been a beautiful one so far. I am spending my time climbing, hiking in the mountains, and photographing birds. Life should get a little more interesting soon, however. I've landed a job with the Alaska Dept. of Fish and Game for the summer, and will spend July and August working in a remote field camp on the Susitna river sampling and tagging salmon. And as usual, I am cooking up more travel schemes. I am not sure where to go yet, but if anyone has any ideas what's nice in January... was thinking maybe Patagonia, Central America, or...

Here are a few bird photos, although I am sure the guy next to me with the two foot long lens got better ones than me!



Arctic terns



Trumpeter swans







Bluebill, or greater scaup



Canadian geese









Goldeneye in flight

No comments: